In September I'm teaching the Comedysportz Stand-up comedy course in Thoughtworks, Manchester.
Book at this link
Have you ever thought of getting up on stage to make people laugh? It can be a nerve-wracking experience, but it doesn't have to be. In this 8-week comedy course, we'll teach you all the skills you need to get up and be funny, share your thoughts and tell better stories. It's also a great way to meet new friends also taking a step into the world of stand-up comedy.
Over the course, we'll be looking at
- Performance skills on stage.
- Microphone technique.
- Collecting ideas and writing material.
- How to use comedy to advance your work career
- Getting gigs.
Stand-up is a powerful tool for building confidence not just on stage but in everyday life. Here's why
- Public Speaking Skills: Stand-up comedy is performing in front of an audience. Developing your public speaking abilities. As you gain experience you become more comfortable speaking in front of others.
- Overcoming Fear: It can be intimidating standing alone on stage trying to make people laugh. By pushing through the discomfort - with loads of support - , you build resilience and develop a sense of accomplishment. This helps reduce anxiety in other areas of your life as well.
- Creative Expression: Crafting jokes and comedy helps you express your unique perspective and creativity. Sharing your thoughts and ideas with an audience can help you validate your own voice and develop a sense of authenticity.
- Positive Feedback. When you perform stand-up comedy you receive immediate positive feedback and validation. Laughter and applause are incredibly uplifting, boosting your self-esteem. Knowing that you can entertain and connect with others through humour helps build confidence in your abilities.
- Learning from Failure: In stand-up comedy, not every joke will land, and you may face moments of silence. This course provides you with loads of support. We look at tiny failures as opportunities for growth and learning. By getting feedback on what worked and what didn't, you develop resilience, adaptability, and a willingness to take risks.
Overall, stand-up comedy is a great way to build growth and self-discovery. Over the 8 weeks we'll be refining your material, so you can develop confidence, resilience, and the ability to effectively communicate and engage with others.
Got any questions? Contact me here