Presentation skills training with top comedian John Cooper
Taking inspiration from the nerve-wracking thrill ride of a stand-up comedy set, the course leads you supportively through the stages of performance and delivery to the goal of keeping an audience engaged, energised and entertained.
- Gain new skills to deliver exhilarating presentations in online and face to face.
- How the right kind of humour can create amazing results in sales pitches.
- Overcoming technology fears – don’t let it push your buttons.
- Pop, don’t fizzle – Make nervous energy work for you,
- How comedy can build stronger, happier relationships.
John had been a pro stand up comedian since 2005, and more recently has taken part in over fifty online comedy shows, co-facilitating international presentation skills training courses. This workshop blends comedy and improv skills, showing how to impress face to face and reach beyond your webcam window online, so you’ll always end a presentation to applause.
Presentation skills course objectives
- Using comedy to ‘smash the roof off’ your presentation (as we say on the stand-up comedy circuit).
- Keep the audience ‘in the palm of your hand’ with more interactivity.
- The secret of comedy is….timing. Prevent overrunning so you always end on a high note.
- Applying storytelling beats that keep your audience listening all the way to the end.
- Think like a comedy show editor, how to eliminate waffle and look for punchlines.
For a full course outline in PDF format click here.
Benefits of presentation skills training
What you’ll gain:
- Simple, effective ways to improve your performance on camera.
- How to make a sharper slide deck that keeps your audience hooked.
- Opportunities during the session to put into practice what you’ve learned.
Discover how to make the best use of your time on webcam when all eyes are on you. There’s plenty of support, a bit of tough love, and loads of funny. Everything you need to max out presence and confidence.
Who is it for?
- For those new to presenting, or terrified of it.
- For experienced presenters, the equivalent of putting on a virtual Edinburgh festival show; Long-form talks, finding your style of humour and push the edges of zoom to create truly inspirational talks.
1 on 1 training
60 minute session£99
Up to 6 people
60 minute session£75
Up to 30 people
90 minute session£60
“Amazing what can change in one hour, John’s process transformed how we prepare for sales conversations to significantly improve delivery and rapport.”Ian Stone, Founder, Smile Reader
“Really got my brain going!”John Knott, Zola Systems
“John made sure to explain the relevance of each game to our specific work, which went a long way to get buy-in from the team and senior management. We found the workshop enjoyable, eye-opening and motivating”-Tom Parson, Manchester Technology Centre.
“A different and refreshing way of looking at the skills that we use in presenting. I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop!”– Raj Patel MBE
“a real master in the craft of improvised speaking.”– Andy Atkins, Resonant
“I came away with more confidence and an understanding that I can talk about topics that I’m passionate about in a way to engage the audience”– Ollie, Business Growth Hub
“Got a lot from it. Hope to implement in my workplace.”Manchester Business Growth Hub
“Amazing workshop, thank you for making the storytelling so much fun”The Coalville Hero Project
“Excellent workshop on telling your story”Jax Lovelock – Dewsbury Park Mansion
“Excellent session. John made us feel at ease and have fun whilst giving us valuable advice and skills.”Liz Whitely
“Brilliant – straight away comfortably out of my comfort zone!”Business Growth Hub
“Eye-opening and something that I’d do again”David Norris
“Scary but loads of fun too, brilliant.”Terry Corbett
“Really enjoyed it and got out of my comfort zone.”Connor Aston