Cathy Salit is CEO of Performance of a Lifetime. She has delivered hundreds of keynote speeches on how using performance in everyday life helps with growth and productivity.
She’s the author of Performance Breakthrough’ A radical approach to success at work.
In conversation with Cathy we chat about her work at POAL, and how treating life as a great performance can be a strong catalyst for growth and change. How her company has developed over time using performance, improvisation and psychology to create a safe ‘playground’ and lead to a diverse range of projects including working with inner city ‘cops and kids’ to to improving the doctor/patient relationship.
- The human side of business strategy
- Performative psychology
- Who we are becoming; tapping into the natural ability to perform from childhood
- Choose to Grown blog
- Cathy the Jazz singer
- The All Stars Project – Cops and kids finding common ground
- Elisabeth Cleaners street school
- Art and business building together
- Form of life – Ludwig Wittgenstein
- David Nackman, Fred Newman
- Your life story in one minute
- Devising improv for medical residents – improving the doctor patient relationship.
- Using improv to create a ‘playground’ to approach emotionally difficult. conversations such as doctor patient DNR (do not resusitate).
- Stephen Nachmanovitch, Free play.
- Emotinal intelligence…why the need to prefix “intelligence”?
- “The Sales Whisperer” – Daniel Pink, author of To Sell is human.
- Bringing performance to the sales pitch.
- Our ability to change is a performance choice.
- We need weird! Doing something new to find change.
- The art of selling, networking and other schmoozy things.
- Don’t worry about the sale.