Peforming as Danny Pensive:
- “Uncanny accuracy and unerring honesty” – The List
- “His audience interaction is flawless” – The Skinny
- “Cutting wit…an hour well spent” – Three Weeks
- “An infectious delight” – Fringe Guru
- “Vic and Bob meets Samuel Beckett” – Artsfest
- “Gloriously deadpan and very funny” – South Wales Post
- “A must-go-see comedy highlight” – Buxton Fringe
- “a superb creation…brilliantly done” – BBC
- “An mix of sublime innocence and lateral observation.” – Cheltenham Greenbelt Festival
During his whistle-stop recollection of a trip around Britain Danny Pensive highlights with uncanny accuracy and unerring honesty the stupidity of places and people. Catch this comic idiot savant before Vic ‘n’ Bob snap him up.
From Newquay to Aberdeen, from Swansea to Bridlington, Danny Pensive recalls the things that made the places he has been special and memorable. But this is not some excruciating holiday slide-show. His audience interaction is flawless, and he has us laughing from start to finish with his songs and little anecdotes. His delivers each word like a six-year‐old reading aloud. His observations are told with such openness that he is impossible to dislike. The Fringe’s most loveable performer.
With his quirky capacity for story telling, Pensive’s unusual and amusing anecdotes let the audience get caught up in his adventure. This “infectious delight” left its mark, along with his listless eccentricities. An afternoon in Pensive’s company is sure to be an hour well spent.
He slips out some cutting wit, firing out insults like facts he’s looked up on Wikipedia, so then you know that there is more to him than meets the eye… Hilariously sweet, Pensive is a delight to watch, full of amusing observations about British scenery and culture.
Video Clip from BBC2’s The Speaker, in 2009.